It is never too late to stop smoking, if you are serious about stopping then a Smoking Cessation Adviser can provide help, support and information.
- Smoking kills over 100,000 people per year in the United Kingdom.
- Smokers are more likely to get ill and die earlier than non-smokers.
Accessing Smoking Cessation Support
We do not provide Smoking Cessation at Northlands Wood Practice however you can self refer to Mid Sussex Wellbeing 01444 477191
To access more information regrading this, please visit Mid Sussex Wellbeing / Provided by West Sussex County Council and Mid Sussex District Council (westsussexwellbeing.org.uk).
The Smoking Cessation Adviser has a number of tips to help you stop:
- Plan your attempt to quit smoking
- Pick a date and keep to it
- Support from family and friends is vital
- Reward yourself with treats from the money you save
- Always take one day at a time
- Be positive
We will be able to advise you about Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). NRT increases your chances of quitting successfully. The products are available on prescription.